22 Haziran 2013 Cumartesi

NO CREDIT CARDS BUT TRUST!

NO CREDIT CARDS BUT TRUST!

In the very old times when there were trustworthy relations among people, money was something not needed urgently. I was a child in a small village in Yalova where there were younger children in my territory since I was the leader and trustful one. If someone needed something, he/she would call me and tell their wishes from the grocery to fetch. The little cute grocers were the only shopping place of the village. You could find every detail in one small shop. Grocers were a tradition that you could tell from nation to nation.
Today I want to tell you a story about a paying style that is special to the grocers. I looked it up in the dictionary as to find the word. The word that I found was “buy on tick”. I mean you buy a material and you have no money but you pay it later. Credit cards play the role of this method now but when you have a credit card, you should pay it on time. There are some procedures and processes. But this method was a very trustworthy one even today in small cities we use this method when both the salesman and the customer know each other well. For ex. Maybe they are relatives and well-acquainted. This may seem a bit different and odd to you in the 21st century because it is hard to believe what if the customer doesn’t pay it or how does the salesman can buy goods for his grocery. These are complicated at first. You will read through my story how it goes on.
There was an aunt in our village. She was the woman that gave her milk (breast-feeding) to my daddy when my daddy was a baby. This was a tradition. We can see it as half- mother of my daddy. We respect upon her and she lives very close to us just opposite. Her husband was retired during my childhood. This couple had four children and all of them were married and  living different cities. They were alone and we were like their grandchildren especially me!! J they had small incomes as the pension was not high but regular. They were always buying their needs from the grocery with the method I have mentioned at the top. “buy on tick” . Every day the Aunt called me and wanted me to get their needs from the grocery. They had a small black covered notebook. I used to take it and go to the grocery for example “a loaf of bread and a kilo of sugar”. The grocer wrote down on my notebook how many I had taken and also wrote down on his own notebook the same.



 My Aunt sometimes used to tell me if you wanted something from the grocer like chocolate or gums as a reward, I could tell the grocer to write their notebook. But when I was a child, this was impossible. We were not the ones that can tell their wishes easily. We were warned not to want anything from someone. Nowadays I see that little children can easily get what they want. We were even ashamed of getting what is ours. So I was totally committed to my mission and I was very proud of this.

One day I noticed that some children came to the grocer to buy some tea but they wanted to buy it on tick. Their appeal failed with an angry response. The grocer said “ don’t you see the sign! Here it writes “WE DON’T SELL ON TICK”. Oh! I was shocked to see that sign as I was going there with the same response and got what my aunt wanted. At that moment I hid my notebook  when they went out, I told my aunt’s daily needs. But I was confused! What was the difference between them and me?

I went home to tell my mom the whole story. She said that if the grocer doesn’t trust someone, he doesn’t sell anything on tick. I got it then why the grocer told something like that and why the grocer never ever gave me angry response!!:) J

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder