6 Haziran 2013 Perşembe

THE BEGINNING

THE BEGINNING
I have come to a turning point about what to do next in my life. That was the point  perplexing in my mind “I should do something” .  Maybe that seems nonsense and useless but what you are going to see in these lines belong to my cultural and family matters. It is “story telling”. From  now on I am going to narrate the most curious things such as “food,  some sayings,  different expressions and using”. I was brought up by a very ridiculous family especially my grandma who doesn’t even know how to write and read. She was the most talkative and humorous woman in my life.  Whenever I went near her, I used to listen her very carefully and I imagined all the sayings in my mind.  I have always said one day I will tell the world what interesting and surprising events I have experienced.
If you ask me what started this intention. My grandma’s special leek patty.
 Our origins go back to Salonika as our great -grand parents were Turks livings there. During 1920s the Turks living in Greece immigrated to Turkey and the Greeks went back to their homeland.  This is a kind of barter. Many food habits come from our origins as this is a special food. We call it a kind of cultural leek patty (maybe I can’t translate the name just the same in my native language) you prepare dough for it. 
The most important part of it is cooking style. In the early times it was cooked on the stove not in the oven you put it on a tray.  If there is no stove you put it on the cooker when the bottom side is cooked you turn it upside down.

All through my childhood I and my sister were both skinny. My grandma wanted us to put on weight so she willingly used the method of cooking this patty and other food with high calories just for one or two more kilos. But in vain. .. it was useless but of course was delicious.
Well, back to our topic!! This cultural food is served with traditional drink ayran made from yoghurt.
 It is more fluid than yoghurt I hope you all know!  While doing these kind of traditional food women are easily able to criticize each other such as “ you had better put some more…., it is not like what I’ve done….., it should be thicker or thinner… etc.” By this time I giggle inside I find this undefined competition against women’s talent on food. Because all of them are delicious. I don’t understand why..
Whenever I find time, I will try to express what has hidden inside me so far back from childhood. So goodbye for now!



Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder